Imagine a career where your innovation and creativity can make a positive impact on the world around you. At FG Advisory, we are shaping a more sustainable future in Australia. Join us and you will become part of a highly successful, results-orientated engineering team who are focused on reaching the pinnacle of excellence through high quality Engineering.
FG Advisory is offering a rewarding opportunity to become an integral part of a fast-growing and innovative company where your contributions will provide long-lasting value to the Australian built environment. Based in the heart of Melbourne’s CBD, the role of Electrical Engineer is to work with our dynamic client base and our innovative design team to push the envelope of sustainability in the built environment while fostering your own growth and development as a Professional Engineer.
The successful candidate will be a well-rounded, degree qualified Electrical Engineer with 3-5 years of experience in Building Services Design and/or Construction, working on large and small brownfield commercial building services projects. The ideal candidate will share a passion for quality design, with demonstrable experience with low voltage and/or high voltage systems.
Duties of this role include:
- Liaise with clients and stakeholders to understand project requirements, opportunities and to meet client expectations.
- Complete feasibility studies, schematic design, tender documentation, contract management, and project administration for electrical design projects.
- Design quality electrical solutions in buildings, including cabling, protection, switchboards, power, data and lighting systems.
- Develop drawings and technical documentation for electrical designs.
- Develop project reports and structured communication plans for projects.
- Coordinate and lead facility site visits, audits, and customer meetings.
- Liaise with market suppliers for offerings and coordinate with sub-consultants as required to deliver major projects.
- Develop high quality business cases, financial assessments, and engineering solutions for projects.
- Perform engineering calculations and modelling computations for electrical & lighting designs.
- Support broader team and business divisions to deliver projects as required (Project Managers and Energy Advisory team).
Skills required in this role include:
- Ability to communicate frequently with all levels of stakeholders both internally and externally, through both written and verbal means.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Solve problems through critical and creative thinking.
- Think innovatively and drive a competitive edge
- Demonstrable work ethic
- Be a Registered Building Practitioner in Victoria (or eligible for registration)
- Chartered Status with Engineers Australia is considered an asset.
These attributes combined with a fervent desire for continuous growth will underpin your successful career at FG Advisory. To find out more about working with us, head to the ‘Work with Us’ section on our website.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Flexible working conditions available.
How do I apply?
We look forward to receiving your application for this role. Please e-mail your cover letter and résumé to Pip at firstname.lastname@example.org
All submissions must be formatted as PDF documents, with the following file name conventions:
Cover Letter: “Firstname Lastname – Cover Letter.PDF”
Résumé: “Firstname Lastname – CV.PDF”