Imagine a career where your innovation and creativity can make a positive impact on the world around you. At FG Advisory, we are shaping a more sustainable future in Australia. Join us and you will become part of a project delivery team who are focused on our valued client partnerships and reaching the pinnacle of excellence through quality projects.
You will be part of the FG Advisory team which provides a specialised Technical Project Management capability. This specialised technical expertise leverages a wealth of practical experience on complex services design and construction projects in live environments, with perspectives across client side, engineering design and contractor implementation. As Project Manager, you will be responsible for end-to-end delivery of client services, ensuring projects are delivered on time, within budget and of high quality. You’ll enjoy meaningful work, autonomy, and support from our experienced project managers and progressive leadership team.
Based in the heart of Melbourne’s CBD, this client-side role will involve a mixture of onsite, office, and home-based work with a required understanding of client management and construction processes. The Project Manager will report to the Manager for the Projects Division of the business. This role would be suitable for an ambitious early-mid career PM with some building services background or experience. In this role you will work with our innovative team across multiple sectors, including health, education, government, and commercial, to oversee the construction of a variety of projects.
Salary Range is between 70k-95k, negotiable depending on experience.
Duties of this role include:
- Building and nurturing relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Communicating frequently with clients, staff, and contractors
- Defining and controlling project scope according to client needs and objectives
- Developing project sequencing and undertaking resource and activity planning
- Delivery and monitoring of projects to ensure they run on-time, within scope and within budget
- Negotiating and influencing stakeholders to achieve high-quality project outcomes
- Price estimating, development of budgets, cash flow reporting, and cost management
- Procurement and contract management
- Project progress reporting and leading the reporting of results internally and externally
- The successful candidate will be a well-rounded individual who is highly organised, demonstrates a proven ability to communicate effectively, and has a history of harnessing their critical thinking skills to pro-actively overcome challenges
- A university degree in engineering, or other technical discipline is essential, with education or accreditations in project management (i.e., Prince2, PMP, AIPM Certification) being highly desirable
- You have a minimum of 3 year’s work experience in project management or engineering, and experience in managing small-medium sized projects, or maintaining accountability for some or all aspects of larger projects
- You will also have proven experience in your ability to communicate effectively, collaborate and overcome challenges
These attributes combined with a passion for sustainability and a fervent desire for continuous growth will underpin your successful career at FG Advisory. In return FG Advisory will provide you with a workplace and culture that is professional, flexible, and focused on supporting your growth and career development.
For further details on our work and the benefits of working with FG Advisory, please visit our website.
How do I apply?
We look forward to receiving your application for this role. Please apply with your covering letter and CV by emailing email@example.com
All submissions must be formatted as PDF documents, with the following file name conventions:
Cover Letter: “Firstname Lastname – Cover Letter.PDF”
Résumé: “Firstname Lastname – CV.PDF”
At FG Advisory we value a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment–We strongly encourage applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent; and equity groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTQIA and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.